Thursday, April 24, 2008

a revelation

I am an indecisive person.  I think now (after reading part of Dr. Phil's book) that I can't make a decision on my own because I grew up with everyone telling me what to do all the time.  I had my parents and older siblings all taking care of me and telling me what to do all the time.  I never had to think for myself or make a decision.

So now in my adult years, I can't even decide where we should have lunch.  I will go along with whatever the group says to do.  I will comply.  You tell me where to have lunch, and I will do what you say.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always felt the same way. I remember being 16 years old and being out to dinner with some friends and I literally couldn't make a decision about what to eat. I always was looking for someone's approval that what I picked was ok. Now, of course, since I want my kids to be able to make decisions they want to make them all and it drives me nuts...LOL